Pet Peeves

Spinorex

We all have them. Some are more sensible than others, but we still got'em. What thing really upsets you or at the very least makes you a bit upset?

My pet peeve is when people go to the bathroom and don't wash their hands. It's not exactly gonna hurt anyone but it's still really gross.

Loud, open-mouth chewing makes me feel downright homicidal.

Not quite as bad, but quickly becoming more common: People who take 20+ pictures with a camera that does a strobe flash in a restaurant or other "captive audience" environment (like at a gate waiting area in an airport). They always look surprised and offended when I ask them to stop, which makes it even worse.

Also, bullies (online or offline).  I like to punch them in the nose in front of everyone.

what irritates my dad was definitely inherited by me, but it's so much funnier when you're aware of it, like me, unlike him. I'll flip my phone back and forth (I still have a flip phone) and he yells at me. He yells at my mom for chewing her ice, among other things. It's really hilarious from my POV

People who walk in huge groups and walk ridiculously slow, while you are trying to be somewhere important.

Those people make me want to chew my ears off.

If they're walking slowly enough, you could try chewing their ears off.  Problem solved.

noises when I'm trying to sleep, like kids crying next door at 12 am when they should have been asleep long ago.

I'm totally going to be one of those "get off my lawn" old men when I'm old.

Who says you can't start now?  I do it all the time, and I usually just use an "air-cane".  You just need to perfect your "git off mah lawn!" voice and you're all set.

If they're walking slowly enough, you could try chewing their ears off.  Problem solved.

Who says you can't start now?  I do it all the time, and I usually just use an "air-cane".  You just need to perfect your "git off mah lawn!" voice and you're all set.

The thing is that I don't actually want to be

Roadblock old people.

I know that they can't walk fast and they're old but at least don't take the whole width of the brdge or the pavement.

That, or people who don't know that you don't walk on bike roads. The worst case was when two women were walking on one with a huge plastic bag in the middle of them and with a dog running around them. The horror.

my ears are bleeding.

How can they be bleeding? Are you anticipating the girls coming and screaming like banshees for eternity? Unless there are teenage girls with you right now in which case I say; May [insert religious entity here] help you.

My family uses breakfast boards for breakfast and dinner. If we prepare the table for eating I'm theone who gets really itchy if they lay down the knives on the boards in a way they point over the edges of the boards (diagonal, displaced, truly chaotic)

I then arrange the knives to be parallel to the edges of the boards...

I have a feeling they do it on purpose, now and then, just to mock me. My sister surely does.

Oh and the people who can't use a ticket machine...if they are old I usually offer my help...and don't say anything but often enough people are blocking this things exactly if I have to go somewhere quick...check those damn railway schedules on your fancy smartphones, which you own, because you are using them to make a phonecall while you are supposed to buy a ticket and get your fat bum away from the machine.....

and people talking in the cinema...even if they are my relatives...

oh yes, when I'm old I will buy a piece of lawn just to yell at verybody who comes near it...ha

My family uses breakfast boards for breakfast and dinner. If we prepare the table for eating I'm theone who gets really itchy if they lay down the knives on the boards in a way they point over the edges of the boards (diagonal, displaced, truly chaotic)

I then arrange the knives to be parallel to the edges of the boards...

I have a feeling they do it on purpose, now and then, just to mock me. My sister surely does.

Oh and the people who can't use a ticket machine...if they are old I usually offer my help...and don't say anything but often enough people are blocking this things exactly if I have to go somewhere quick...check those damn railway schedules on your fancy smartphones, which you own, because you are using them to make a phonecall while you are supposed to buy a ticket and get your fat bum away from the machine.....

and people talking in the cinema...even if they are my relatives...

oh yes, when I'm old I will buy a piece of lawn just to yell at verybody who comes near it...ha

Neat and orderly are the keys to success and happibess.

Archived